Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(07-30-2021, 09:52 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Y’all desperate to make sense of this but it’s pretty easy.  Bengals can’t draft oline man to save their lives

Andrew Whitworth and Willie Anderson are HOF players.  They were both drafted by the Bengals, and Whit was a 2nd rounder.   

Let's not forget Carman wasn't even able to participate in his college Pro Day because he put off having surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back until after the season at Clemson.  I have to admit that I did not scout the guy as much as many others because I saw him as a tackle and after signing Reiff, I was looking more at Guard in Rd 2.  The fact that the guy that protected Lawrence's blind side was there and his PFF rankings in college as well as just looking at the film should have fans very excited.  Instead, many of you want to run on about the Chase and Sewell debate.  The guy gave up 3 sacks in 3 seasons before the herniated disc and he gave up 3 down the stretch after the injury.  He is a really strong player, and I think he skill set could make him an elite guard. 

I have a lot of confidence in Carman, but if he doesn't start week 1, and they go with XSF and Spain at the guard positions, I feel a LOT better with the depth behind those guys being Carman and Mike Jordan than the guys that were being thrown in last season after Jordan had problems and XSF was injured.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart - SHRacerX - 07-31-2021, 08:44 AM