Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(07-31-2021, 01:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry if my original post was a little mean brother. Seems like you took a lot of crap for your OP. But we are upgraded at the 
starting positions from 2020. My biggest problem is depth as behind the starters we have guys like Jordan and Prince. Even if 
for some odd reason Carman doesn't start at RG game 1 he is great depth and it just means the vets beat him out. 

It was XSF's first season with us and he was under Turner who was a shit OL coach. Spain came in late in the season and had
to learn a new system and the Line got much better as a whole once he got here. Don't give me PFF grades. But this line of...

LT- Jonah Williams (2nd year hoping to stay healthy after having a promising first year) D'Ante Smith
LG - Quinton Spain/XSF/Jordan
C - Trey Hopkins/Trey Hill/Billy Price
RG - Jackson Carman/XSF/Jordan
RT - Riley Reiff/Jackson Carman

Is a lot better than last years. It is all preference and we will see how Pollack, not Pollock the fish coaches over Turner.

Your fine buddy. I didn’t take it as mean at all. My whole point of the thread was sharing thoughts from pro cincy beat writers (add on Locked On Bengals guys too) that were reporting this and shared it. Simple as that. I also think if this offensive line comes out and whiffs again this year we could have another injured QB and wasted year from Burrows rookie deal because the offensive line wasn’t addressed properly. But time will tell on that and obviously hope that is NOT the case.

But if your only answer in the draft this off-season was Jackson and he doesn’t start? It’s a bad look and I’m sure Burrow will be rushing and taking shots yet another season because I don’t have faith in last years line whatsoever.

I like Williams but he can’t stay healthy for an entire season and Hopkins who is coming off a big injury. So there’s that in addition to the sub par playing from those other guys.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart - GodFather - 07-31-2021, 02:37 PM