Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(07-31-2021, 01:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In terms of pass protection, the Bengals had two good starters in 2020 - Jonah Williams and Trey Hopkins.
XSF has also been a good pass protector the past two years (197 pass blocking snaps in DAL, 155 in CIN), albeit not a full-time starter.

So they had 2-3 good pass protectors last year.

This year, they replaced Hart (a bad pass protector) with Reiff (a good pass protector).

That's 3-4 good pass protectors, potentially up to 5 if Spain gets back to his TEN form and/or Carman getting some snaps and playing well.

I think they're more likely to struggle in run protection, as most of the OL isn't very good in that area.
They should be league average at least in pass protection though...unless/until they have to resort to backups.

Even though I’m not happy with the way the bengals attacked the offensive line this offseason ur post makes me feel better from a pass pro stand point. Just don’t know why we are so afraid of bringing in some maulers
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart - SadFaceBengal15 - 07-31-2021, 11:13 PM