Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One injury away from possible disaster
(08-06-2021, 01:41 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals are still sitting on $19m in cap space, they don't need to release some funds. There's only 5 OL in all of football making more per year than the Bengals currently have available.

The crazy thing is if they had signed Corey Linsley and Joe Thuney and cut Hopkins, Price, and XSF (who you wouldn't need if you signed those two)... they'd only be roughly $900k over the cap. So basically just don't sign Ricardo Allen or Samaje Perine and you're golden.

Just such a wasted FA period.

Just preference. I like Reiff, Hopkins, Ricardo Allen, XSF, Perine better than just Linsley and Thuney.

Reiff gave up less sacks and had less penalties than Thuney last season and is an OT which we desperately needed.

Hopkins is a very good pass protector. But yeah, I would of added another Center and cut Price, dude sucks. Just watched him 
get bulldozed in camp yesterday. I don't know what is wrong with the guy but he has no technique and it looks like even Pollack
cannot coach it into him. I liked what I saw from Trey Hill and even Michael Jordan (for once) in the last vid. Trey Hill anchors 
and not even Shelvin can push him around. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One injury away from possible disaster - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-06-2021, 02:37 PM