Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(08-09-2021, 11:46 AM)tms Wrote: Are you from the straw man factory? We were looking for you. We were running out of supplies to protect our we-don't-ever-need-to-do-anything crops, and you came through like divine intervention. Nice to see.

You clearly do not even know what a "straw man" argument is.  I used direct quotes you made.  I did not twist what you were saying at all.

(08-09-2021, 11:46 AM)tms Wrote: Your two questions can sort of be grouped together. If motivation is not his problem, then he's not good enough. Would that not be worse? 

There is a third option.  He just has to make adjustments to the NFL game.  

Interesting that a "draftnick" like you could not answer my question about how many second round rookies start opening day and how many of them "lack the focus for the NFL"?

Last years leaders in rushing yards (Derrick Henry), receptions and receiving yards (Stephon Diggs), and receiving td (Devonte Adams) all failed to win a starting job opening day of their rookie season.  So are you saying all of these guys lacked motivation?

(08-09-2021, 11:46 AM)tms Wrote:  Nobody was talking about a backup IOL at his presser.
No one was saying he was an automatic starter either.  Since you seem to have some memory problems here is the exact quote
Could you see Carman being the opening day starter at LG?

"I don't want to make any predictions. We'll see how quickly they can adapt to life in the NFL. I certainly think he's going to compete for an opportunity to be a starting player for us."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart - fredtoast - 08-09-2021, 10:28 PM