Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(08-09-2021, 10:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting that a "draftnick" like you could not answer my question about how many second round rookies start opening day and how many of them "lack the focus for the NFL"?

I didn't answer your straw man questions because they are straw men. They are irrelevant. There are too many issues to unpack in your post, but you can go back to what I wrote earlier to find some clarity. I'd just be repeating myself here. 

The above is a straw man, tho. You need to know that. All the second-rounders in history (forget about the only ones you seem to know: namely those who play fantasy football positions) have nothing to do with our situation in Cincinnati, even less to do with our context heading into that draft and what we sought to accomplish in view of the talent available - - - and the specific urgency around our team - - - - - and what had been said throughout the course of the season in terms of what we planned to do. "We're going to draft and develop offensive linemen this year" is not a new strategy, it's not a strategy you should be impressed by. You better be fortifying your trenches every year. This is football ffs. If you're saying that they tried something new and made progress merely by drafting three linemen, a) you would be wrong; b) that's not what this is even about. They needed immediate help, and they promised to get immediate help. (Btw, I'd say your quote from Zac is as close as it gets to endorsing what I just wrote. Nobody's anointed a starter on draft day. But if the word 'starter' is invoked, you better believe that's what they have in mind.)

Either way, I gave you more than enough guys- OFFENSIVE LINEMEN- who are in camp for other teams right now and faring well. What's more, many of them have joined OLs far superior to ours, yet could still win starting positions by the time we reach September. It doesn't make us look good. And again, I could care less how long it took DERRICK HENRY to get on the field. It has as much to do with what we're talking about as comparing Jackson Carman to Javonte Williams: that is, not at all. Let's stay on topic.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart - tms - 08-09-2021, 11:42 PM