Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals not expecting to sign Bates to an extension at this time
(08-11-2021, 01:36 AM)kevin Wrote: Glad you included source as ESPN.  Sports Illustrated says Bengals and Bates want to make the deal before season starts.  Who to believe ?  Now one poster said what if Bates is asking for 20 mil ?  OK, but what if Mike Brown Family is offering 5 mil when top Safeties get 10 mil ?  Again, people are so quick to defend Mike Brown over the decades and blame the players leaving. I agree, Bates does not deserve 20 mil or even 15 mil.  10 to 13 mil would make Bates in the Top 10 paid Safeties in NFL.  If Bengals are not offering at least 10 mil, they are again going Too Cheap. 

The Bengals NEED the 24 year old Defensive Star. He is young and part of the Future. I will not believe The LAST PLACE Bengals are trying to build a winning team if they do not make Bates a good offer, and it may be the straw that breaks the camels back for me. I am tired of Mike Browns cheap losing ways and his 30 years of Losing since his great Dad died.  The Paul Brown Bengals I liked. The Mike Brown Bengals I don't like. 

Hopefully Sports Illustrated is right, not ESPN.  We need Bates more than we need Mike Brown. 

You are joking right? Lol... Who is defending Mike Brown around here lol lol...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals not expecting to sign Bates to an extension at this time - Tony - 08-11-2021, 01:40 AM