Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(08-10-2021, 01:54 AM)willieFANderson Wrote: Fate has always bitten Bengals in the behind when trading down - Tevin Jenkins, Liam Eichenberg, Walker little smh. I’m holding out hope for Jackson, will be interesting to see how the hit rate on those three turn out.

Oh no, what's happened to Jessie Bates?

Please don't tell me he's been injured.

(08-10-2021, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Most top ten picks that "bust" would still be able to hang on as a #3 WR. Ross was an epic failure.

I did not care for the pick because of his position. But I never thought he would be that bad of a player.

Talking of being WR #3, I was never keen on the pick as he was only WR#3 in the the draft. For a top 10 pick that never felt like the value I'd expect from such a premium draft slot. There's obviously no guarantees but the odds seem better that the player will stand out in the NFL if they stand out as the best player in their position in the draft class. That two teams in the top 8 coveted a WR but went elsewhere never boded well for Ross as top 10 pick and the expectations of such a lofty draft spot. Once you get past the top one or two at a position ratings seems to vary far more.

The last three drafts (helped by picking earlier having whiffed on C#2, WR#3 and OT #4 in 3 of the 4 prior drafts) however have seen us take the first player in the draft at their position. If we're looking for reasons for optimism most of our first round successes this century have been tended to be the first name off the board at their position...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 08-12-2021, 10:13 AM