Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(08-12-2021, 11:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: When we assumed we were going to take Sewell he was "the next Munoz" and I had a feeling he'd be "the next Munoz" in these parts unless we didn't take him...and then Chase fever hit and the rest is history.  I ain't sad about Chase, I just think it's funny that Sewell went from the next Munoz to a guy we don't worry about missing out on because he isn't killing it at training camp.

As I said before, we're going to be fine because the Lions taking him means we never have to worry about him hoisting the Lombardi and making us feel bad.

I think Sewell will develop into a good player and would have had no issue if he(or Pitts) was our pick.  I said numerous times that he has Ogden type potential.  That said, I do feel that he's a guy that will take a year or two to develop and he wasn't a guy that was going to come in and be a quality starter as a rookie like some presented him as.

It's just funny that when you read about the struggles Sewell has had in TC the media is mostly positive because they are typical issues rookies have.  However, when you read about Chase or Carman struggling, certain Bengals beat writers and fans try to spin it as if they were bad picks, even though the guy they wanted is going through arguably worse struggles.  

It's too early to write any rookie off for the year, let alone their career.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart - Whatever - 08-13-2021, 12:41 AM