Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(08-17-2021, 09:21 AM)TJ528 Wrote: What would've been even better than this would've been if Zac would've kept Frank Pollack like the Front Office suggested in the beginning, but no Zac wanted his own guys and his own staff.  

That Jim Turner hire was such a winning hire.  

(08-17-2021, 09:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: revisionist history.....

Bengals Rumors: OL coach Frank Pollack leaves team - Cincy Jungle

He wanted to go to New York.

(08-17-2021, 09:39 AM)TJ528 Wrote: According to the Athletic beat writer he was given the chance to retain Pollack but wanted to bring in Turner. 

So maybe there's differing information out there. 

He left the team in the first week of January. HE LEFT. On his own accord.

Zac wasn't even interviewed yet, so how he could have had any input, is beyond me; must be telepathic.

(08-17-2021, 11:23 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/18/bx-pollack-departure-illustrates-ownership-investing-taylor-cincinnati-bengals/2603273002/

This article, written before Zac was hired (but widely known by then to be the HC pick), seems to state things differently. It seems to make more sense as well. I would think FP would rather stay with the Bengals if he could, than take a lateral job in NY just for the sake of doing so, unless of course, FP had absolutely no faith in ZT, which I suppose could also be true.

Was ZT solely responsible for bringing Jim Turner here? I believe that to be the case, but we will never know what exactly the discussion was between FP and management. I'm not sure what he saw in ZT to make him want to come back here other than management and/or the players really got in his ear. It is a bit of a strange story.

Typical, disgruntled Dehner. It really is water under the bridge, but I still don't know why he blocked me on Twitter for asking an honest question. Just a thin-skinned guy, I guess...

Anyways, as you mentioned, the article is indeed written with perhaps prior knowledge. But contained in those words, is a ton of speculation and, not hearsay, but, "going off of rumours."

As for hiring Tuner, I have no doubt in my mind that he was 100% the choice of Zac, but again, that's only because Washington blocked us from Callahan; also have no doubt in my mind that he was Zac's first choice.

Sherman as well, may have been in play for Zac, but given that he's been off the football radar for 3 years now, he probably didn't want the job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-17-2021, 12:14 PM