Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Name Breakfast
(11-08-2015, 02:59 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I like to fry my sausage up that way the dish has more flavor but you bake yours so it don't matter.

I'll tell you what though, it was really good. I had no clue how it would taste when I made it. It smelled good while cooking it and tasted good while eating it.

I hope you guys enjoy this dish if ever you get to make it.

Damn, now I'm hungry.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I use the sausage links from Kroger. Not the Maple ones either, I hate those, just regular sausage links. Hell, my wife will buy a pack and fry them up for me and I'll eat them with yellow mustard.

I wonder how this would taste made with sausage patties? Sausage patties, like Jimmy Deans or better yet, Tennessee Pride, are spicier and the flavor may really pop.

Also, the mushrooms at first will take up a lot of room but they will cook down and turn darker.

My mouth is watering right now, I need to eat something, lol. All I had today was a doughnut at church this morning.

I got the idea on a cruise ship which is why I started baking it. They had the best roasted potatoes. So I looked through a lot of roasted potatoes recipes when I got back. One mentioned tossing the potatoes in bacon grease and olive oil. I thought the sausage might be a better way to go because I could just bake it with the potatoes, and I wouldn't have to worry about it overpowering the other flavors.

I've made it with mushrooms before, but usually have to leave them out as I'm the only one who eats them.  Instead, I cut up a yellow bell pepper. Adds a little sweetness/tartness. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
No Name Breakfast - Nebuchadnezzar - 11-08-2015, 02:16 AM
RE: No Name Breakfast - fredtoast - 11-08-2015, 05:06 AM
RE: No Name Breakfast - Benton - 11-08-2015, 10:21 AM
RE: No Name Breakfast - Nebuchadnezzar - 11-08-2015, 02:59 PM
RE: No Name Breakfast - Benton - 11-08-2015, 04:12 PM