Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia
(08-24-2021, 10:47 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You guys have Cutthroats and Bulls which we'll never get over here; our jealousy is much-more deserved Wink LOL

Yeah, but if you're in brookie country you won't have cutthroats or bulls. They shouldn't ever cross paths. though sometimes you can find brook trout stocked out west. Those two species, specifically, aren't spread around like browns, rainbows, and brooks. There are places with native cutthroat where they have no creel limits on brooks because of the invasiveness of them in the watershed.

(08-24-2021, 10:47 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Trust me, I always carry my Micro gear in my car as well (pen rod, Ultralight spinning reel, couple of small lures and microhooks from Japan) and so many times, when I drive by a stream or pond like you mention, I'm so tempted to stop at the side of the road and just try for 10 minutes... but I've never done it.

My wife is going to be having a girls' weekend (bachelorette) in a few weeks and my parents are going to a cottage for the week (I should be joining them, but I need to work and watch the dog Sad), that same week, so after I'm done work, I should just go for a quick drive to some of said streams/ponds and just give it a shot! Thanks for the help, Matt :)

Last question though; should I use cut up worms (nightcrawlers) for bait or, "match the hatch," and use something like maggots or similarly-small creatures?

When it comes to the true micros, I either use size 24 or smaller flies, tanago hooks with a little gluten bait, or tanagos with pieces of red wigglers on them.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-15-2021, 02:43 PM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-27-2021, 11:25 AM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - samhain - 09-03-2021, 11:05 AM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Belsnickel - 08-24-2021, 11:26 AM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-27-2021, 11:35 AM