Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the Government aid is delayed
(11-08-2015, 05:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Understand, I'm not advocating we do away with welfare programs (though they ARE in need of massive reforms).

I'm pointing out that Jesus commanded US, individually, to help the poor. He didn't command us to have other people help the poor.

understood. If this was a monarchy or an oligarchy. But it's supposed to be a democracy. It's supposed to represent the people. That's part of the reason I think it's impossible to completely separate church and state as the people who participate largely are religious. So unless its effecting someone's rights, I generally don't complain when somebody wants the 10 commandments on a courthouse or education that teaches about different religion. Or if a sports team wants to pray.

I just find it silly when a group of people use religion to advocate for a lot of things (most of which cost money) Jesus never talked about, but they get all squeamish when someone wants use the same channels and resources to do the one thing he did ask of us, to take care of each other.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: When the Government aid is delayed - Benton - 11-08-2015, 05:56 PM