Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jason La Canfora picks Bengals for an ugly season.
(08-28-2021, 11:34 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think the defense is a reason why someone would predict differently. We only have 2 starters that were on the team when this coaching staff took over and while you could argue that might not be a good thing all reports from camp/preseason is that the defense is looking good. While I'm optimistic about Burrow and the Oline I admit that we have alot of unknowns going into the season and we can't fault anyone for assuming the worse. 

Looking at the season and trying to be optimistic/realistic I think 9 wins is possible and should be the bar they set for the coaching staff although as someone else mentioned we might be stuck with Taylor and Co. because of Burrows injury its kind of a built in excuse this season. I think the wheels are really gonna have to fall off to fire them which could happen with a very bad first half of the season because wins are gonna be hard to come by at the end of the year because of the schedule atleast on paper.

Realistically with a healthy Joe Burrow this season less than 7 wins is a failure in my eyes in terms of ZT.

If I weigh in the Bengals front office as part of the equation 4 or 5 wins is where ZT lands in the hot seat with Joe Burrow playing every game.

The problem is JB play/health isn't the only factor in Taylor's job stability.

Any of the 3 wrs goes down.  Boyd, Higgins, Chase.

The defense struggles.  Lou is given the axe instead.

The O-line loses 1 or more starters.

All of those pretty much let ZT off the hook for the FO in my opinion.

As far as the D.  They sure do look vastly improved but my excitement and expectations is tempered.

I remember watching the Bengals D looking like world-beaters in pre-season...  only to put up one of the most historically bad defenses in franchise history.

So yeah...  I'm gonna wait until the season actually plays out until I feel great about them.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jason La Canfora picks Bengals for an ugly season. - BengalsRocker - 08-29-2021, 09:53 AM