Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden Kept Checking His Watch During Dignified Transfer
(09-04-2021, 11:03 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I get it. Someone can be an asshole by looking at their watch acting like someone is wasting their time. Do I think a president, who should be super busy, checking the time is trying to be an asshole and telling them to hurry up? No.

This is just one more feather in the cap of the right wing outrage culture machine.

(09-04-2021, 11:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Imagine if he wore a tan suit at the same time!

As opposed to saying he liked soldiers who didn't get captured and weren't losers, I mean why start a thread about that! Smirk

The families are pissed and hurt by this, but I guess they're just trying to create drama where there is none because they just want every excuse to criticize Biden, just like you're all accusing me of doing, right?

Quote:Family members of the US Marines killed in last week’s suicide terror attack at the Kabul airport are slamming President Biden for his behavior at the dignified transfer ceremony over the weekend — with one Gold Star father accusing the commander-in-chief of doing “the most disrespectful thing I’ve ever seen” by repeatedly looking at his watch during the ceremony.

Quote:Darin Hoover, the father of Marine Staff Sgt. Taylor Hoover, told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that Biden checked his watch every single time a flag-draped coffin was removed from the hold of the Air Force C-17 Globemaster plane during Sunday’s ceremony at Dover Air Force Base in the president’s home state of Delaware.

Quote:Mark Schmitz — whose 20-year-old son, Marine Lance Cpl. Jared Schmitz, died in the attack — corroborated Hoover’s story.

[Image: Front_Cover-25.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=231]
“I actually leaned into my son’s mother’s ear and I said, ‘I swear to God, if he checks his watch one more time …’,” Schmitz recalled, “and that was only probably four times in. I couldn’t look at him anymore after that, just considering, especially, the time and why we were there. I found it to be the most disrespectful thing I’ve ever seen.”
Schmitz also told the Washington Post of an outburst that occurred toward the end of the ceremony when one woman allegedly shouted at Biden, “I hope you burn in hell! That was my brother!”
Schmitz added that his family’s own meeting with Biden prior to the ceremony “didn’t go well.”
“He talked a bit more about his own son [Beau Biden] than he did my son,” Schmitz said, “and that didn’t sit well with me.”

But you're all right.  The hell with our fallen soldiers and their honor!

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Kept Checking His Watch During Dignified Transfer - BFritz21 - 09-04-2021, 02:57 PM