Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
William Jackson and Pac-man beefing
Adam Jones was not a player I ever wanted the Bengals to sign, but he turned out to be very good for the team. He was problematic off the field, but his work ethic is second to none, and he was damn good at covering Antonio Brown in the Dalton/Green era. He's easy to pick on for many reasons, but in his prime he was one of the best overall athletes in the league both at corner and on teams. It doesn't hurt that he was completely fearless on the field. Well, maybe it does, because the fearlessness often translated to recklessness.

People love to hate him, but he's a guy that has never been ashamed of his time as a Bengal. He embraces it, and that can't be said for many players who have excelled here. He seems grateful for the second chance he received from the team.

WJ3 was just a guy that never seemed to meet the potential of his first actual on-field season. He was never much of a leader and he jumped ship and bashed the fans when he left. He's a terrific athlete, but his work ethic and demeanor were not awesome. I'd take Pacman all day every day over WJ3. He took Jones' job because Jones aged out and that's it.

I wouldn't talk shit to Pacman, either. He's absolutely batshit nuts and will probably run into WJ3 at some point. It's going to be an uncomfortable moment if that situation comes to be. I got a paycheck on Jones if an actual fight ever happens. There are some people you can talk shit to and have them forget about it. Adam Jones is definitely not one of them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: William Jackson and Pac-man beefing - samhain - 09-18-2021, 11:02 PM