Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling
They were in a cover 3 zone watching Burrows eyes whole game and Zac kept calling plays right into the strength of that defense.

Everyone knew going in Bears secondary was by far weakest link of their defense and he didn't bother to challenge them. It was only a matter of time with the dink and dunk bs they were doing til they were gonna jump routes and get picks or in worst case scenario like today pick 6. He didn't throw any seams or outside the numbers intermediate stuff at all really. I remember 1 to Higgins for about a 15 yd out route but that's about it. He didn't bother to challenge cover 3 where everyone knows cover 3 is weak.The Bears weren't even disguising it much, you could see it before damn near every snap.

Now if you come in knowing that's where they're weak so you decide to do something a little different because you think they'll think that's what you're going to be doing fine, but there's no excuse to get into the game and have them running it again and again then go into halftime and not change anything.

He's either overthinking things and or just an awful playcaller and has an awful feel for how games are playing out. I say probably both but more so the latter. An elementary school kid who's only exposure to that kind of football knowledge is playing madden could see what was happening and make better calls and know where to try to exploit the coverage they're playing and the weakest part of their defense.

There's bad playcalling and then there's this which is unbelievably bad so idk what you could call it. Fired or giving up playcalling duties would be a good name in my opinion.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ja'Marr Chase criticizes the offensive play calling - StripesEarned - 09-19-2021, 07:45 PM