Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling
(09-19-2021, 09:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How many sacks did we give up today? Kinda tough to "take shots" when your QB has no time to do so. When your blocking is this bad, it kiiiinda hinders everything about the offense.

You can't get the time needed to take deep shots, so you try to chip away with quick throws to open things up, but then you become predictable and suddenly DBs are sitting on routes and picking you off.

Maybe next year we'll start to take this line seriously. Are we at 9 sacks allowed already? Sheesh.

To be fair, he was taking plenty of shots without dropping back.  Might as well give it as shot if the staff's countermeasure for lack of protection clearly isn't working.  There really was zero reason for Chicago to think that' they'd even attempt a deep pass after the first few series.  

I defended the organization in the offseason when many decried the lack of effort in revamping the line.  I was willing to wait and see what would happen with the additions of Reiff and Carman plus the return of Pollack.  I feel like I've seen enough to say that they failed badly.  Carman is MIA so far and that seems to stem from lack of want-to and effort.  

I felt like Chase was going to be the guy at 5 no matter what.  I personally think he's going to be a great player for us for a long time and do not regret it.  Drafting o-linemen early is often a tough road to travel as the transition from college to pro has a tough learning curve these days.  I do, however, feel like they needed to shell out some cash in FA for guys on the interior if they were set on drafting a WR.  Didn't have to be Thuney, but it needed to be someone.  Rodney Hudson seems to be working out nicely in AZ.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling - samhain - 09-19-2021, 09:57 PM