Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling
(09-19-2021, 10:14 PM)Benton Wrote: I dunno.

Instead of calling out the guys who gave you a shot, maybe call out the guys who gave up 9 sacks and a buttload of pressures in two games?

Just a thought.

Sure, the playcalling sucks. But it's only half as sucky as our line.

Playcalling is the worse culprit IMO.  You can't be that predictable in the NFL unless your execution is flawless. They were literally predictable enough that the Bears secondary just sat down on routes and waited for the short throws.  A coach has to see that developing over the course of a game and react.  They removed an aspect of the offense that has been at least somewhat effective this year (the deep ball) almost completely.  I thought they were going to spring it on them in the 3rd like they did with the Vikings last week, but they stuck to the same script until they got down 2 TDs.  

Marvin caught a ton of shit for not making adjustments at the half, but what I saw today was far worse than anything I ever saw Marvin do as HC here. Marvin was conservative, but he wasn't stupid or out of his depth as a professional.

The worst part was, when they actually attempted the deep pass, it worked.  Why the hell did they not have the confidence in their offensive personnel to try those kinds of things sooner?  They were clearly capable.  That's on the staff.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling - samhain - 09-19-2021, 10:34 PM