Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling
(09-19-2021, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, Trevor Lawrence looks like a disaster in JAX so far, and they weren’t pushing the “pull an Eli” narrative with him. You can pretend there’s not an anti-Bengals narrative all you want, but there is. ESPN employees have straight up admitted it.

It doesn't really matter was espn said or why they have it out for us.  We got all butthurt they said the Bengals were going to ruin Burrow and we've spent the past season and change coming up with reasons why Burrow is in a completely hopeless spot.

The thing that separates us from the other teams that the media rags on for wrecking players is that we don't shake things up in the front office like they do.  I can imagine being a non-Bengals fan who is tasked with talking about the Bengals without being mean is a tough task.  The example I always use is to imagine writing a paragraph about the 2021 Pittsburgh Pirates without coming off like you are out to get them.

Either way, the Bengals are a business and it's Mike Brown's job to make the business and brand as appealing and "buzz worthy" as possible (or hire people who can do it for him).  

Also, after typing this I googled "should Trevor Lawrence pull an Eli Manning?" and stuff came up.  Most of them seem to apply to when the Jets were on their way to getting the 1st overall pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling - Nately120 - 09-19-2021, 10:45 PM