Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling
(09-19-2021, 11:08 PM)Benton Wrote: Playcalling is more limited when your line stinks.

There's an odd parallel with ML on the deep ball. CP9 and CJ used to criticize that, too. I don't think it was the line as much as ML being reluctant to throw it deep. I think ZT is fine with throwing it deep, he just doesn't have the line to do that. I'd be happy if he just called run plays till 2022 in hopes of getting a decent couple linemen.

I can't agree open this one. The bad play calling is setting up the line issues not the other way around. No max protect? No going deep to get the defense to back off? No screens? Way too much empty backfield - which with a defense playing no less than 8 guys within 10 of the line is a recipe for blocking problems? I don't care who you run out there as linemen, no line is going to succeed with this gameplan. 

Notice the Rams did exactly what we should have - they max protected and threw deep right out of the gate. By getting the bombs they forced the Bears to back off the line.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling - Joelist - 09-19-2021, 11:22 PM