Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling
(09-19-2021, 11:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: I can't agree open this one. The bad play calling is setting up the line issues not the other way around. No max protect? No going deep to get the defense to back off? No screens? Way too much empty backfield - which with a defense playing no less than 8 guys within 10 of the line is a recipe for blocking problems? I don't care who you run out there as linemen, no line is going to succeed with this gameplan. 

Notice the Rams did exactly what we should have - they max protected and threw deep right out of the gate. By getting the bombs they forced the Bears to back off the line.  

Max protect with what?

You form a wall of tissue paper, it's still just tissue paper. 

People are upset that there's limited playcalling. I get that. But there's limited playcalling because the line stinks. All offensive plays generate at the line. If your line is weak in one area, it cuts down what you can do. Our line is weak in every area, which means we've got a very restricted scope of plays. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling - Benton - 09-19-2021, 11:30 PM