Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling
(09-19-2021, 11:42 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: My problem with the play calling is this, Chicago was good at stopping the short passes last week.

They showed that they could completely stop the Rams short passing game. They couldn't stop the Rams deep passing game at all.

They had passes of 17, 18, 19, 37, 56 and 67. The Rams were passing and completing on deep passes, at will. Showed no ability to be able to stop it.

Zac Taylor apparently thought after watching this footage from week one, that we matched up well against their short passing defense which looked great.

I don't mind starting out with some short passes thinking that maybe they'll try and over compensate for the deep passes, but to not have a plan for deep routes against them or making those adjustments far to late is just terrible.

I think Zac and company outsmart themselves all the time. Something like “Chicago will be fixing their long game and looking for that so if we focus on short game we will catch them off guard.”. Then he isn’t flexible enough to fix his crappy game plans mid game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling - GreenCornBengal - 09-19-2021, 11:56 PM