Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling
(09-20-2021, 03:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: Not many passes were incomplete because of pressure. Contrary to the narrative on this board Burrow actually had time to throw on a lot of passes and a pocket. Also he just stood there without moving and held the ball a long time (on at least one sack he held the ball for 6 seconds). 

The exact remedy to the Bears D plan was to max protect and throw it deep. Taylor however coached scared and his own players have started to notice it and bring it up. His stupid empty backfield is a sack waiting to happen (which is why most teams only use it rarely). Also did you notice we literally did none of the usual thing offenses do to get a defense to slow down (screens, rollouts, traps)? It was like Taylor was scheming to make the Bears D look as good as possible. 

Fair enough, I honestly was asking since I wasn't watching it super close in the moment. The game was rather dull and I was hitting the Red Zone a good amount to see what was happening in other games around the league.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling - Murdock2420 - 09-20-2021, 03:21 PM