Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mike Brown and Offensive linemen....some random history
I've never disagreed with anything listed here. My issue is that when it was crystal clear that the line was a massive issue, we did little to nothing in free agency to solve the issue.

Generally speaking, when a good franchise recognizes a massive issue on the line, they'll use every resource to fix it. You can't rely on a 2nd round pick and one trade in 6 years. It's telling that Reiff is - by a good margin - the best free agent lineman we've signed during the last 6 years of this problem.

THAT is why I can't take seriously any argument that Mike Brown takes it seriously. Maybe this is evidence that he takes it seriously in his mind, but in reality it's not enough. If he thinks it is, that's just more evidence of his ineptitude.

Put simply, the draft isn't the only place to fix problems, especially ones as massive as this, and one trade and one semi-decent signing in 6 years is all he has done outside of the draft, so...yeah.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown and Offensive linemen....some random history - Shake n Blake - 09-23-2021, 02:43 PM