Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mike Brown and Offensive linemen....some random history
(09-24-2021, 05:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link to source?

Nobody really knows why Boling retired. I would assume being the only good lineman on a bad team had something to do with it. If he still had Whit and Zeitler blocking with him (was part of a better line), I'm not so sure he retires. But hey, I don't know any more than anyone else on the subject. I just assume playing on a losing team isn't as fun as playing on a winning one. When playing the game isn't fun and you're the only guy worth a damn in your position group, I'm sure that factors into his decision making. But I could be wrong.

Regardless, we hit on 3 draft picks. We had 3 quality lineman we could have kept around to be part of a significantly better offensive line than we've seen the past 5 years. We chose to let two of them walk in favor of players that hadn't proved a thing (other than they weren't good enough). Then a year or so later, the 3rd lineman that was worth a damn retires. 

We have to draft better. We have to manage better too (and coach better for that matter).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown and Offensive linemen....some random history - Bengalstripes9 - 09-24-2021, 08:19 PM