Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mike Brown and Offensive linemen....some random history
In short, sorry for oversimplifying the Boling situation and giving the Bengals too much blame. I do still hold the assumption that being on a terrible line and playing for an owner that seemingly undervalued the position group weighed in on his decision somewhat. Of course I have nothing but assumptions to back this claim up.

That said, for the past 5 years we could have had a legit tackle, a legit guard, and another legit guard (boling) for half of those years at least (if so much wasn’t on his shoulders maybe injuries don’t become as big of an issue as they were too). That is a decent starting point to a good offensive line. Most teams with above average lines only have a couple good lineman, and then fill out the rest of their line with average/ above average players.

All I’m saying is if we managed what we had better, we could have put together a better line. Show me why this assumption is wrong. I don’t think drafting better is the only thing we have to do better. Need to coach and manage better too.

This all said, maybe it was good that we had a poor line, because it allowed us to draft some premier players like Burrow and Chase. I like the young players we picked this year and hope to see them become big contributors. Carmen had a good game today, other than the penalty.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown and Offensive linemen....some random history - Bengalstripes9 - 09-26-2021, 07:15 PM