Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mike Brown and Offensive linemen....some random history
(09-27-2021, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is great.  I love to hear this.  So now that you have heard all the facts I guess you are willing to admit that you were wrong when you said "No one knows exactly why Boling retired?"

I mean it was announced in the news that that was why he was retiring.

The timing of the announcement makes no sense if he was retiring because he was "fed up without he Bengals".

And finally, even though he is retired and has no reason to keep his opinion to himself there has never been any single comment at any ime from Him or his family or his agent that implied that he was "fed up with the Bengals".

You homily about being open minded and listening to all points of view sounds nice until some teacher tell your child that the earth is flat and that it was created by a giant spaghetti monster.

At some points we have to call out people who propose opinions without anything to back them up other than their own self-serving preconceived notions.

Fred. Relax. Did you see my previous post where I apologized for blaming the Bengals too much?

I didn’t see anywhere on Bengals.com a reasoning for why he retired. I was under the impression that no reasoning was announced—but just assumed it was injury related. I did think that being on a bad line and team weighed into the decision, which is why I got carried away in saying he was fed up with the Bengals.

What does homily mean? Is there a spaghetti monster? Should I be scared? Will it attack me?

You continue to focus on one tiny piece of my argument, and ignore the good points I made about wanting the Bengals to learn from their failures in managing the assets they do have properly. You can’t let players go and assume you’ll just be able to throw a dart at a chalkboard (the draft), and come up with a winner. They should actually wait for a young draft pick to beat out a vet before letting the proven player go. Just my opinion.

I brought up the stuff about arguing verses discussing because I don’t feel any discussion happening between the two of us. You are arguing your point to death and not listening to any of my valid points. I have conceded that I was overstated the Boling issue and that’s all you want to talk about. I’m just not into the court of law type of arguing. I’d rather discuss things openly as I don’t believe one single person has all the answers—nor do I believe that things are always black and white. There’s a lot of grey in the world and multiple ways of looking at things. We can only narrow in on the truth of any subject by listening to all viewpoints.

My main point I was trying to make was that the draft alone isn’t the only area the Bengals need to improve in terms of putting together a good line. It may be the most crucial part, but management is key and a big area where they have failed in the recent past. Say they hit on some of these young draft picks in recent years, they can’t just let these players go after their rookie deals if there isn’t a player as good as them on the depth chart. We’ll be in the exact same situation as 2016 or 2017 (whatever the year was when they let Whit and Zeitler walk). It’s baffling that you spend a 1st round pick on a player and don’t have a plan in place for that player to be a 10 year starter if you hit on the selection. You cannot manage a team this way with any degree of success. You might as well select another player in the 1st round if he’s only going to play for you for 4 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown and Offensive linemen....some random history - Bengalstripes9 - 09-27-2021, 09:19 PM