Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We can't keep doing this all year...
(09-29-2021, 05:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think (and hope) the plan is to open up the passing more once Joe gets settled in. How many games it will take, that I do not know.

I think last week was a big mile stone game for him, so maybe look for them to open it up a bit more this week and more and more going forward.

I think its pretty huge that we get out to an early lead and squash them on Thursday, so look for Joe to be throwing early (hopefully).

The fact is, is that you just can't consistently win games against good teams in the NFL passing 20 times a game. We will start to play teams with high powered offenses and we will need to score to keep up.

I agree. The Bengals should be looking to pass more as Joe continues to acclimate to his post-injury abilities. This team is simply set up to do so. At the end of the day, a pass/run split of roughly 55/45 would be great and you can convert some of those Mixon runs into a combination of Mixon/Evans catches. Screens, HB outs etc.

This team has a strong cast of passing weapons and they should be using them more as the season progresses.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We can't keep doing this all year... - KillerGoose - 09-29-2021, 05:33 PM