Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Jackson Carman did enough to keep the starting position??
Im not sure what PFF was grading. I have YouTube TV and it automatically DVRs the game for me. I went back and fast forwarded through the game watching only the Bengals offensive snaps. Carman did a fine job. He was solid in the pass and the run game. I only noticed a couple plays where he engaged and the D player finally broke free and got to the play. But those seemed to be where Carman faced no immediate defender, he would then slide to help another O lineman, and JAX would bring a late switch. Carman would then slide back, but he would be late. He always got there, but didnt fully engage. To me those are plays that Turner will coach carman up on his recognition and allow Carman to cut the number of those down. But I think he has what it takes. They need to continue to give him live action reps to gain experience. We sometimes forget he has switched from T to G so that may play into his recognizing what other teams are doing also. He will clean it up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has Jackson Carman did enough to keep the starting position?? - Beaker - 10-02-2021, 12:20 PM