Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do I Find Section 8 Housing Near Me?
(10-07-2021, 07:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't know how Section 8 works other than it being government aided.  I thought she said she paid half her rent and the government paid the other half, so I figured why wouldn't most places accept that?

Her apartment over in Southgate seemed bigger and nicer than a lot of apartments that I've been to in this area, so I figured it was worth a shot.  

I live on College Park next to Thomas More but on the other side of Turkeyfoot, so you're correct there.

I just wish there was something I could do to help this girl because her only friends are me, her cat, and her 90-year-old neighbor that's creepy as hell.

As to why they don't, we used to have apartments and houses we rented out. Section 8 was a hassle. First, you have to meet government standards (doorway requirements, electrical, etc). Then you have to wait on the government to send their portion. Politicians chanting for shutdowns? They really made people not want to depend on the government to make timely payments. And lastly, most of the renters didn't cover their portion (it's income based so it can be anywhere from a small percent to all of it).

I won't be a landlord again and if I did, no way would it be for low income housing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread