Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Storming Of The Capitol Building
(10-12-2021, 04:39 PM)Dill Wrote: ????   I shouldn't bite on a red herring, but maybe I can tie it back to the current topic.

1) if you are referring to the Merkel thread, where you identified Islam as an "ideology," a threat to Western democratic values (#161), called German assimilation of refugees "cultural suicide," and referenced a "Frankenstein monster" alliance between "the left" and Islam (#11), then yes, you took an uninformed, hard right stance that I found unacceptable. But in that thread I did not subject you to constant ad hominem, charge you with plagiarism, and threaten never to speak to you again. Indeed you found my scholarly explanations/definitions and historical references "boring." So why should anyone assume I'm the one who flipped a switch?
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-With-Merkel-s-Foes-in-Disarray-Germany-Defies-the-Trump-Trend?pid=373349&highlight=merkel#pid373349

2) Same for the numerous threads before that, like "Fake News from Huffpo," in which my "utterly inane drivel"--an attempt to define 'fake news'--became "officially" boring (#55). We were "getting along fine" there?  http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Fakenews-from-HuffPo?pid=323561&highlight=austria#pid323561. And since. 

I don't call you a "blow hard," insist you are the last person I would ever want to speak to on this list, call you a racist or an ISIS supporter. So what signals when my switch was flipped--an attempt to define a term? Presentation of historical background? Defense of someone else unjustly subjected to ad hominem against the TOC? 

And I've seen no "worse conduct" anywhere on this message board than the ad hominem you've directed at me. And you cannot cite any examples the way that I can cite your misconduct.  

3) So if our posting history is littered with examples of your ad hominem against me as I am trying to sort out issues in my boring manner, and your interpretation is that I have "flipped a switch," I have to wonder at what you think Dino is "constantly and consistently reinforcing."  It just looks to me that you went off on him some years past, as you frequently go off on me, and read that grudge back into everything he posts. Yes, he posts news articles about misbehaving cops. That doesn't establish that he "hates" them and so must be engaged in an "insane level of hypocrisy" himself if he criticizes Trump cop hypocrisy. And now you have charged him with "misogyny" and a racist post on the memes thread--nothing to do with cops. Can you separate Dino from the issues on ANY topic? 

So I think I do understand the phenomenon. The people you personally attack are, in your view, themselves the cause of your attacks. 

And you aren't going to let them get away with it. Ever.

If you want to respond to this, why not take it to the special "call out" thread you created for us. The mods may have allowed that thread to stand so we could argue there and not disrupt other threads.  I don't want to write any more about this on this thread. 

Your analogy would hold water if I constantly, consistently, posted threads and made posts about Islam in a negative light.  If every time I found a story of a radical Islamist doing something awful I made a thread or a post about it we'd then be approaching what GM does with law enforcement.  Yes, I take umbrage with your dismissal of valid criticism of Islam.  Yes, I find your unwillingness to utterly condemn people who rape, torture and murder with wanton abandon reprehensible.  Yes, I find your willingness to compare people to Nazis and the Taliban both disgusting and hypocritical.  Yes, I have attacked you personally and have been attacked personally by you, Fred and GM.

Now, if your question is can I interact with Dino without rancor on any subject, the answer is yes.  Although, to be fair, he contributes to making that difficult.  But if you're talking about his using support for law enforcement as a talking point, then no, never.  I will always call that out, I will never let him hide behind any claim of support for law enforcement nor will I allow him to condemn others for a perceived lack of support without comment.

I hope that's clear.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 01-07-2021, 11:05 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 01-11-2021, 11:32 AM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 01-11-2021, 01:04 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 01-11-2021, 03:08 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 01-12-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Mer - 01-12-2021, 01:50 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 01-12-2021, 08:51 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Mer - 01-14-2021, 04:40 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Mer - 01-14-2021, 05:11 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Mer - 01-14-2021, 05:22 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Mer - 01-14-2021, 06:18 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Mer - 01-14-2021, 05:04 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Mer - 01-14-2021, 05:16 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Mer - 01-14-2021, 05:23 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Mer - 01-14-2021, 05:26 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-12-2021, 05:18 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 10-26-2021, 08:43 AM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 10-26-2021, 11:16 AM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 10-26-2021, 01:02 PM