Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden's Paying Illegal Immigrant Families......
(11-01-2021, 05:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Way to deflect.

Would the money be better off on those things?

It's not a deflection dude. I asked you the question, not the other way around. I asked you that question because you right wingers can ALWAYS think of "better ways" to spend money that you think is improperly allocated but, when push comes to shove, you still wouldn't spend it on the things you claim are the "better ways." 

So you saying there are better ways to spend that money is bullshit. You don't think the government should spend money. So just say that. Don't pretend like you want to actually help our citizens.

As for my opinion, I would prefer we spend that money on helping our citizens (but like, for real. Not in the way Republicans say they would), but I also realize that that money is already spent. I think settling these lawsuits will probably be cheaper than going to court and letting the immigrants detail how the Trump administration treated them. Not only will they tie up courts and judges, which is already a problem in our legal system right now, but they are probably pretty compelling cases, given the inclination to settle. Corporations (or, in this case, governments) don't settle if they are confident they can win in court, after all.

If you're looking for someone to blame for that money going out the door, look no further than Donald J. Trump who believed that separating and losing track of children and their parents was an appropriate response to people fleeing their country out of fear.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's Paying Illegal Immigrant Families...... - CJD - 11-01-2021, 05:40 PM