Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden's Paying Illegal Immigrant Families......
(11-05-2021, 09:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Per the philosophy behind the formation of our current form of government, being human gives them rights (our rights are natural), some of which are protected by our Constitution. Rights are protected in this country for everyone, citizen or not, to varying degrees. 

There's no federal provision that bars people who don't pay taxes from receiving benefits or services funded through taxes, but with regard to the specific scenario of being detained, I am a bit unsure of what point you're trying to make. 

Under the Trump zero tolerance policy, all people crossing the border were to be detained for an extended period of time pending an appearance before a judge and deportation. Under previous policy, when detention occurred, it was usually temporary and they were released pending their appearance before the immigration judge unless they were also a suspected violent offender. 

You could argue that we absolutely spent more tax payer money under the Trump policy than the previous policy, which is why I said I wasn't sure of what point you were attempting to make.

How many of those people that were released returned for their court dates? Why would they? 

We may have spent more money detaining them, but wouldn't that save money from the services that they'd use in our country and keep them from just fleeing and not coming back?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's Paying Illegal Immigrant Families...... - BFritz21 - 11-05-2021, 10:03 PM