Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
This Offensive Line is still ASS
(11-08-2021, 11:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes were..

I've always been in the school of BPA in a position of need. We need about everything but QB and RB

Meh, phone typo. '

But that's what it boils down to: BPA in need. If your need is well out of where you're picking, trade out.

If your only need is a kicker and you're picking top 10... trade down. If you're primary need is a QB and you're picking bottom 10... trade up.

(11-08-2021, 11:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t necessarily want to see them go for a TE in the 1st round by any means (and they won’t so it’s kind of moot), but if they sign several nice upgrades for the OL in FA they can draft whatever position they want with that pick. And like I said, I actually hope we go Center if a good one is there, but I don’t want to settle for our 2nd or 3rd choice at the position out of  sheer desperation either.

And with FA’s you’re getting proven players that can help immediately. Very few offensive lineman come into the league and play at a high level right away. We’ve certainly seen some of the top guys struggle early on. Maybe we finally get lucky and hit on a Wirfs or Slater type, but with this teams recent history of drafting OL I wouldn’t count on it.

To the bold, meh, it's an example. And if we're strictly BPA, a TE might be the pick. Hell, there was a fair amount of division a year ago when lots believed a TE was the BPA.

But to the rest, it's not likely to happen. We need, at a minimum, to resign two starters and sign, at a minimum, two upgrades on the line. That's four sizable FA just to get us to where we are (which is pretty crappy). Then you've got depth. I don't see us signing 4-5 starter worthy linemen.

We've gone the FA route before with linemen. The results ain't great. True, they aren't great with drafting either, but -- personal opinion-- we've had more luck drafting long-term solid OL than we have shopping. Anderson, Zeitler, Whit, Braham, even Tons o Fun Smith.

This team needs an OL. Trade for picks. Move up. Move down. I don't really care. Just identify some decent OL and go after them. Just drafting skills positions and hoping late round line picks work out isn't working out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Offensive Line is still ASS - P W - 11-08-2021, 11:17 AM
RE: This Offensive Line is still ASS - P W - 11-08-2021, 11:39 AM
RE: This Offensive Line is still ASS - P W - 11-08-2021, 12:26 PM
RE: This Offensive Line is still ASS - P W - 11-08-2021, 01:00 PM
RE: This Offensive Line is still ASS - P W - 11-08-2021, 12:32 PM
RE: This Offensive Line is still ASS - J24 - 11-08-2021, 01:46 PM
RE: This Offensive Line is still ASS - Benton - 11-08-2021, 11:36 PM