Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
We Almost Hired Eric Bieniemy in 2019!
(11-17-2021, 06:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: Bienemy was a Bengal til '98, so the oldest Bengals fans that weren't alive when he was here are like 23 years old. I have never gotten the feeling that this board has a large contingent of 16-25 year olds, but I could be wrong.

KC's offense is about as much Eric Bienemy's as our offense is Brian Callahan's.   He was promoted from within after Nagy left.  Nagy got the OC job over Bienemy when Pederson left.  He's a figurehead OC by attrition

I am 35 and I had no idea he played for the Bengals until I looked it up a few years ago. You gotta remember the 90s was basically the 'lost generation' for Bengals fans. So a lot of Bengals fans in that 20 to 40 year old range don't really have a lot of fond memories of the Bengals pre-Kitna (or Palmer for a lot of people). I think people my age primarily liked Bienemy because of the association with Mahomes and the Chiefs. Being associated with a successful head coach and team can do a lot for one's marketability. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Almost Hired Eric Bieniemy in 2019! - pdub2005 - 11-18-2021, 01:48 AM