Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders***
(11-22-2021, 11:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No burn holmes. Just a point that it is done. I wouldn't advise a young QB to be doing all sorts of crazy things--so maybe it's too much to ask of Burrow--but it is a tool that can and should be used. QBs know where their receivers are and it's not hard to throw the ball in that direction, like Jones did. 

Qbs are always told to throw the ball away to avoid a loss, and while it is more dangerous in the pocket, a good QB should/could do it. 

Hell, i've never played in the NFL or even college but i've done it back in the caveman days when i played QB. 

The biggest knock against it, when in the pocket, is you mostly want a QB to extend a play and try to actually gain yards. 

No it’s not a “tool that should be used” hence why no one tells their QB’s to half heartedly throw a ball kind of by a receiver to avoid a sack. I know this because I know people who have played in the league as well as scouts currently in the league.

No they aren’t always told to throw the ball away to avoid a loss. In fact, Manning and Brady were notorious for simply falling down in the pocket if everyone was covered rather than taking the hit or potentially throwing the int.

That’s why you didn’t, because whoever was your coach in HS taught you wrong.

No, the biggest knock is that a sack isn’t the worst thing that can happen on a play a turnover is and that is a tactic that will result in more turnovers than any potential good it will do…which is why NFL coaches do not tell their QBs to do such nonsense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - Au165 - 11-23-2021, 12:04 AM