Anyone who works with Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless
8.70%
2 8.70%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN's Arthur Ashe Courage Award and the dropped ball
(06-03-2015, 07:04 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Who is Lauren Hill and what did she do?

And what did Barkley do that was so courageous?

As for Bruce or Caitlyn, I do not care and do not think what s/he did was courageous either. Now, if s/he did this 30 years ago, then yes, but not now.

Just my opinion.

She was a college basketball player who found out she had a brain tumor when she was 18. She was determined to play college ball despite that and died 2 months ago at the age of 19.

As for Caitlyn, I disagree. The world is still very hostile to trans people so it is quite courageous to come out. While Caitlyn has it easier in that her money makes her transition more "perfect" in a way, it also comes with a TON of attention and negativity. The things being said about her are absolutely disgusting.

If I were ESPN, I would have probably said Lauren Hill. I think knowing you're dying is so much more. Then again, I never heard of her until today, so I understand going with Jenner.

Either way, it's a meaningless TV award and neither is undeserving.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN's Arthur Ashe Courage Award and the dropped ball - BmorePat87 - 06-03-2015, 07:55 PM