Anyone who works with Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless
8.70%
2 8.70%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN's Arthur Ashe Courage Award and the dropped ball
(06-03-2015, 07:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: She was a college basketball player who found out she had a brain tumor when she was 18. She was determined to play college ball despite that and died 2 months ago at the age of 19.

As for Caitlyn, I disagree. The world is still very hostile to trans people so it is quite courageous to come out. While Caitlyn has it easier in that her money makes her transition more "perfect" in a way, it also comes with a TON of attention and negativity. The things being said about her are absolutely disgusting.

If I were ESPN, I would have probably said Lauren Hill. I think knowing you're dying is so much more. Then again, I never heard of her until today, so I understand going with Jenner.

Either way, it's a meaningless TV award and neither is undeserving.

It isn't like ESPN was unaware...they did a few specials on her and kept tabs.

Everyone for every reason gets horrible things said to them once you are in the spotlight. And considering a vast majority of that is on Twitter and such or coming from known sources of idiocy and to be ignored anyways, I don't see it.  She can log off and go on a trip to get away from it.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN's Arthur Ashe Courage Award and the dropped ball - RoyleRedlegs - 06-03-2015, 08:01 PM