Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Do Prosecuting Attorneys Have Morals?
(11-28-2021, 10:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: If Rittenhouse had just walked up and shot them, not self-defense, would you still feel like they deserved it because of their past criminal history?

Because...

...this would imply you understand that people are responsible for their own actions.

A woman dressed in any way does not give someone the right to sexually assault her.  A boy with a gun does not give anyone else a reason to attack him.

However if you walk down a dangerous street with money hanging out of your pocket yelling "Boy I hope no one tries to rob me tonight!" and you get robbed you were "asking for it".  Like your video example above.

Most people believe and agree Rittenhouse was ill-equipped and in over his head when he went to the riot.  That doesn't excuse anyone who attacked him but it does go towards saying a smarter person would have avoided a situation they knew could be dangerous (he armed himself and knew he would have to "protect" things) vs just being out someone open carrying and getting attacked.

Kyle was very ill-equipped and in over his head when he went to the riot. Keep in mind his age at the time 17. At age 18 we have many servicemen and women who are equipped with more deadly weapons and are thrown in bad situations. We have police officers who are well trained and well over 17 years old and they have to make a split decision like a person trying to take the officer's gun, an officer on the ground being attacked with a weapon, or even another person pulling a firearm on the officer, sounds familiar. Smirk 

There is no law[statute] or case law that I can remember where the defeated party was "asking for it". "Asking for it" is not a legal defense.
Ergo, if a person was ...

1. Walking down a dangerous street with money hanging out of your pocket yelling "Boy I hope no one tries to rob me tonight!" and you get robbed you were "asking for it". 

2. A woman asks to leave your room in the middle of the night and you deny her the right to leave and have un consensual sex with her aka Mike Tyson. Is she "asking for it"? 

3. A man is walking down the crime-ridden street with expensive clothes and jewelry is he "asking for it" to get robbed?

I can go on and on. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Prosecuting Attorneys Have Morals? - BengalYankee - 11-28-2021, 02:36 PM