Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your All - Time Favorite Bengal
(05-30-2015, 12:12 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I was born in 1988, and I don't remember much of his playing days, but Boomer will always be at the top of my list. In fact, my earliest memory is most likely watching a televised shot of Booomer jogging to the sideline when I was... Oh 2 or 3? I distinctly remember how cool the helmets looked, how cool the name "BENGALS" sounded, how cool the name "Boomer" sounded... Right then and there the Bengals became my team. Boomer is the main reason why.

Also, a close second, is Carson Palmer. I had a rough time growing up a Bengals fan in the 90's. Sure, it was fun to see the highlights of Jeff Blake and Corey Dillon on NFL Primetime... but we all know consistent, embarrassing losing is just plain sickening. I became a huge college football fan in 2002, and of course, Carson and the USC Trojans were always on national TV. I  couldn't help but become a fan. I got a huge dose of a legit quarterback that college season, and was ECSTATIC the day the Bengals drafted him. I also remember praying to everything holy that Troy Polomalu fell to us in the second round but... We all know how that turned out  :snark:

Carson was easily one of the best QBs in the NFL early in his career (before the injuries and the organization took their toll). He made me proud to wear the black and orange for the first time in my life. I'll always be thankful to the man for being a major factor in bringing the Bengals out of irrelevance. Of course, I'm not happy with how things ended in Cincinnati. I wish he had stuck it out... but I'll never fault him for leaving.

Had to give you reps and a thought after reading your post Pat.

I cannot remember many things that early in my life but i could see why someone could.

Feel the same way about the 90's and Palmer being our resurrection dude.

Feel the same way about pretty much everything except i was 6 or 7 years Junior as far
as a fan. I became a fan at 7 or 8 when we were in our 2nd SB and my Momma was a
fan of the Niners. Rock on...

Rock On
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your All - Time Favorite Bengal - Utts - 05-29-2015, 01:21 AM
RE: Your All - Time Favorite Bengal - 3wt - 06-03-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: Your All - Time Favorite Bengal - 3wt - 06-03-2015, 07:19 PM
RE: Your All - Time Favorite Bengal - Utts - 05-29-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: Your All - Time Favorite Bengal - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-03-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: Your All - Time Favorite Bengal - xxlt - 05-30-2015, 01:00 PM
RE: Your All - Time Favorite Bengal - J24 - 05-30-2015, 04:49 PM
RE: Your All - Time Favorite Bengal - CJD - 05-30-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: Your All - Time Favorite Bengal - 3wt - 06-03-2015, 07:14 PM