Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Bill Belichick is showing you that coaching matters. Don't settle.
(12-08-2021, 02:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You're as wrong as can be about "nothing else". the Patriots had a busy offseason rebuilding their team. I refer you to:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32167432/will-new-england-patriots-see-results-spending-163-million-free-agency

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2021/11/26/patriots-free-agent-signings-stats-performance-matt-judon-kyle-van-noy-hunter-henry-jonnu-smith-nelson-agholor-kendrick-bourne/

In addition to drafting a new franchise QB, they also used free agency by targeting specific players for their rebuild. It wasn't just about transitioning from Brady to Cam to Mac.

I did forget about Judon, that's a big oversight.

The rest are all former players/little contributors, save for Bourne; in 2 years, we added 9 new FA STARTERS on D (one has been injured, sadly), 2 FA starters on Oline and drafted 1 starter on D, as well as 4 starters on offense, in 2 years. Again, aside from Waynes being injured, all of those above additions have contributed greatly to the bulk of the team's snaps, not a few role players and guys that were brought back.

Not saying that we're the model of how to rebuild, but we have literally improved through ALL our pickups; the Patriots just had a ton of guys opt out last year, got them all back and signed a handful of FAs, while only drafting 3 players that have contributed.

Of their 8 draft picks, only 4 have played and only 3 have played meaningful snaps (because they're already good at those positions). Of our 10, 7 have played and 6 have contributed to the team, with the 3 missing time due to injury and not ineffectiveness (though I have a feeling Hubert wouldn't have done much, especially with a healthy Ossai).

If Mac Jones came out last year and played for the Patriots, they would've still made the playoffs, even with the opt-outs. Newton was the destroyer of the 2020 season for them. They didn't need to, "rebuild," anything.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill Belichick is showing you that coaching matters. Don't settle. - Truck_1_0_1_ - 12-08-2021, 03:14 PM