Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Bill Belichick is showing you that coaching matters. Don't settle.
(12-08-2021, 03:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I did forget about Judon, that's a big oversight.

The rest are all former players/little contributors, save for Bourne; in 2 years, we added 9 new FA STARTERS on D (one has been injured, sadly), 2 FA starters on Oline and drafted 1 starter on D, as well as 4 starters on offense, in 2 years. Again, aside from Waynes being injured, all of those above additions have contributed greatly to the bulk of the team's snaps, not a few role players and guys that were brought back.

Not saying that we're the model of how to rebuild, but we have literally improved through ALL our pickups; the Patriots just had a ton of guys opt out last year, got them all back and signed a handful of FAs, while only drafting 3 players that have contributed.

Of their 8 draft picks, only 4 have played and only 3 have played meaningful snaps (because they're already good at those positions). Of our 10, 7 have played and 6 have contributed to the team, with the 3 missing time due to injury and not ineffectiveness (though I have a feeling Hubert wouldn't have done much, especially with a healthy Ossai).

If Mac Jones came out last year and played for the Patriots, they would've still made the playoffs, even with the opt-outs. Newton was the destroyer of the 2020 season for them.

Well, my take away is that the Patriots had an offseason rebuilding. I'm not making any statements about to what extent the rebuild efforts have or haven't contributed to Bill resuming his winning ways. I also recognize that teams and their GMs/coaches have varying degrees of rebuilding needs. In the Bill v Zac comparison, I'd argue Zac had a more challenging rebuild. I think you're making the same point, so I agree with you that Zac had more he had to improve than Bill. I think Bill's rebuild success is influenced by Mac's success, getting the COVID opt out players back, value in TEs that can block/catch, and a run game focus.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill Belichick is showing you that coaching matters. Don't settle. - TecmoBengals - 12-08-2021, 03:20 PM