Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Manziel the starting QB for the Browns this year?
(05-25-2015, 12:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I agree with this. If you take a guy 22nd, you have to play him even if it's to prove he can't do the job.

They shouldn't have taken him in the first place. Now they're stuck with him and they get to suffer until he proves he's a bust. As a Bengals fan, that makes me smile.  Big Grin
I love the fact that they wasted more picks on him to trade up to get him when he most likely would have fallen to them in the next round anyways.  

I think even Johnny 8-Ball knew that because why would you beg the Browns to trade up to take you?  

I love that McCown just came out and said "there's no competition, the job is mine."  
(05-25-2015, 02:55 PM)jason Wrote: I think that lil **** smack could have some success over a short period of time if the Browns play to what little strengths that he has.  This all depends on whether or not he actually knows the playbook this season.... And it will be short lived.
His strengths won't do anything in the NFL because he won't be able to outrun people like he did when he was at Texas A&M and he's not tall enough to be a pocket passer, plus he gets inpatient.  

(06-03-2015, 11:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He should be, honestly. How do you justify using an old career backup (Josh McCown) over a 1st round pick from just last year?

I don't like Manziel, but the situation is ridiculous. If they wanted a game manager, why'd they take the king of improv in the first place?

The Browns are a talented team at every spot but QB. I'd put Manziel in and let him play to his strengths.

McCown came out and said the job's his, so how do the Browns bench him?  Will the players trust a sideshow clown like Johnny 8-Ball leading them?

They took him because they're not real bright and his strengths won't be strengths in the NFL.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Manziel the starting QB for the Browns this year? - BFritz21 - 06-04-2015, 12:41 AM