Anyone who works with Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless
8.70%
2 8.70%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN's Arthur Ashe Courage Award and the dropped ball
(06-03-2015, 08:29 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Who has attacked her? 
Huckabee? 

Yea, that's who I was referring to

(06-03-2015, 10:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My comment on social commentary had more to do with ESPN, than Jenner.  Of course it was a personal choice for Jenner, he/she must have been missing the attention, or something.  What really disturbs me is the fact that NBC Nightly News dedicated time to the story.  Why is this story National News worthy? 

What story?  An athlete known for virtually nothing since winning the Decathlon in '76, decided that after fading from the limelight, to pay for a sex change, and 11 additional surgeries to make it look realistic.  Big deal.  How many "everyday" trans folk can afford to do that?  So, now instead of being the elite alpha male in American athletic society, she is now the elitist fake woman ever? 

I'm not buying into it.  Not Nightly News worthy to me.

While her story is much easier in that regards to the vast majority of trans folk, she also has it harder in that her transition was publicized and talked about before she wanted it to be known. She faces far more scrutiny in that sense. However, she doesn't face the unemployment, homelessness, and risk of violence that many others do. The reason why it is national news is because it's a famous person making the transition. It serves as a learning lesson and an inspirational story for others.

(06-04-2015, 12:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: Bingo.

My response to the same type of comment on Facebook today:

I like that idea. CNN does that with their heroes.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN's Arthur Ashe Courage Award and the dropped ball - BmorePat87 - 06-04-2015, 08:40 AM