Anyone who works with Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless
8.70%
2 8.70%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN's Arthur Ashe Courage Award and the dropped ball
(06-03-2015, 08:01 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It isn't like ESPN was unaware...they did a few specials on her and kept tabs.

Everyone for every reason gets horrible things said to them once you are in the spotlight. And considering a vast majority of that is on Twitter and such or coming from known sources of idiocy and to be ignored anyways, I don't see it.  She can log off and go on a trip to get away from it.  

Yeah, but ESPN did this for ratings, not out of the goodness of their heart. And as someone said, a bigger ratings draw came along in the form of Jenner, so the circus moved on. Sad for the people who are hurt by the choice but pleased others are saying, 'it is a meaningless award given by an evil corporation so who really cares.' I feel sympathy for the former but my thoughts follow those of the latter.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN's Arthur Ashe Courage Award and the dropped ball - xxlt - 06-04-2015, 10:47 AM