Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support pours in for fired E. Greenbush Walmart employee who redeemed $5.10 of cans
(11-20-2015, 02:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes I saw that....  But does his past history of being a criminal play into the way they. Can treat him as an employee?   To be fair I don't know the policy on this as I have never had to follow any hiring guidelines.     So my question to you Fred ....  Can he have a shorter leash?

Two things:
1- You're assuming the white female employee doesn't have a criminal history. She could very well have been an axe murderer. We don't know.

2- His history is irrelevant. One part of incarceration is rehabilitation. If we're going to incarcerate people under the concept that people can be reformed (because otherwise, we're just wasting time jailing people), then we have to give them an opportunity to prove themselves once they are released. What he did constitutes going through the garbage, which isn't the same as theft. Something discarded (either by the company or the customer) is in the public domain. If you set out a garbage can, I can legally go through it. Some municipalities have dumpster diving laws, but that's not Wal-Mart's claim as to why they fired him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Support pours in for fired E. Greenbush Walmart employee who redeemed $5.10 of cans - Benton - 11-20-2015, 03:14 PM