Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do we play the starters next week?
(01-04-2022, 05:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And if he rests them, and they come out flat in the playoff game, he will be crucified for taking a hot hand and letting it cool off. Like I said, no win decision. 

That notion carries more water if what we just clinched was the bye.  In that case resting your starters means 2 weeks off which some 1 seeds in the past have appeared rusty after doing so.

If one week off were so awful, why we do want the bye at all?  We might get rusty right?  I don't think one week is a big deal at all.  In fact, to let banged up players rest and heal as close to 100 percent as possible by taking it easy for just the one week is a good thing.

Basically we've earned the right to give ourselves an "almost a bye" week and can hit the playoffs running with one of the more relatively healthy teams in the league fresh and rested.

One decision would be second guessed for sure if a loss followed.  Losing Burrow or chase in an essentially meaningless game would be unforgivable.

Its a no brainer, the boys are sitting, taking some light practice reps and getting extra treatment for the various nicks and pain that come with every season so they can come out fresh for the tournament.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we play the starters next week? - Savagehenry54 - 01-04-2022, 05:38 PM