Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
An unconventional off-season strategy we should employ
(01-09-2022, 12:54 AM)fullonbehavior Wrote: So if we go far in the playoffs and have a low position in the draft, wouldn't it make sense to use some of our picks to move up in the 1st round to get a higher quality player on the rookie contract?  Also would like to get to the point that the Patriots were at where we are so good, good players want to come here later in career to win a title at a discounted rate.

As far as trading up in the draft? I’d be ok with that under the right circumstances if we get 2 4th round comp picks which is a possibility. At that point we may move one or more of the picks to try to get the right player depending on how FA goes. I’d be on board with that. Otherwise I wouldn’t be giving up half of our draft to bring in one traded player or to move up for one prospect.

We can absolutely make a move here or there but it needs to be reasonable.

The draft picks we have are VERY valuable. The OP stated they are less valuable which I couldn’t disagree more with. Going with a mindset that the draft picks we have aren’t valuable could and likely would screw this rebuild up and waste 5 years of Burrow’s career.

Say we win the super bowl and pick 32nd. Just two years ago we picked first so our 2nd-7th rounders that year show how valuable the pick one before it (picked 33rd for our 2nd rounder in 2020- would be picking no worse than 32nd this year) could be this year.

Higgins
Logan Wilson
Davis-Gaither
Kareem
Adeniji
Bailey

If we can add these types of players at the end of each round on rookie contracts I’d say that’s much MORE valuable than signing a bunch of vets at much higher price tags.

Suddenly deciding draft picks don’t matter anymore because we are close would be a devastating mistake. As someone else said, we need to be responsibly aggressive this offseason. We can sign one or to big time players (hopefully o line), bring most of our FA’s back and maybe move up in the draft under the right circumstances. Or trade a mid rounder for a solid vet. What we can’t do is drastically change and give up on the draft. We need to have close to 7 draft picks if not more each year, then hit on a lot of those picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: An unconventional off-season strategy we should employ - leonardfan40 - 01-09-2022, 11:52 AM