Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back ups and practice squad vs Cleveland
(01-10-2022, 02:44 AM)Interceptor Wrote: If we don't draft Bailey Zappe, we could get a backup QB via free agency:

Mike White
Andy Dalton
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Yeah, I'm probably gonna get ridiculed for these choices, but I think they would be more serviceable than what we saw today.

Ugh, what is it with everyone being obsessed with Zappe? He's an air-raid system guy, like all of Mike Leach's QBs (Gordon, Falk, Halliday, Minshew, etc. Minshew is the only one that has done anything in the NFL), of which Mike White is also from.

Someone like Ridder would be a good backup, though he'd probably be drafted high-enough that we can get an actual contributor instead.

Allen is fine; if you have a backup like Dilfer then you are in good shape and Allen is absolutely like Dilfer.

(01-10-2022, 01:52 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, and they mentioned on WLW that it's kind of hard to evaluate Allen....he did have some high throws....was it him, or was it the putrid receiver play?

Overall, pretty decent showing by the reserve players.

The high throws stopped in the second half, but all I will say is that aside from the one high one to Chase, when he threw to Chase, he looked bang-on and the offense was clicking.

Allen will not lose you a game, but he will also not win it for you. If I were to rate him amongst the other backups, he'd be in the 19-15 range. He needs a solid running game to work with, as opposed to someone you can put the game on their shoulders.

He also got very little help from the oline (not their fault really, being thrown into the fire against those beast of DEs) and Adeniji stepped on his foot, which caused a sack and that play he actually had time, so who knows if a completion is made there.

The only thing I wasn't impressed with yesterday (with him, specifically), is the clock management. I don't know if the line was taking forever to get set or if he was taking forever getting the play in, but that play clock went to 0 way too often.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back ups and practice squad vs Cleveland - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-10-2022, 02:14 PM